Same Day Courier Service
- Pack smaller items in larger boxes and remember that some attractively packaged gifts are not always suitable for shipping directly, they will usually require separate outer packaging and protection.
- Always protect sharp items securely, carefully wrapping any scissors or knives to protect them from sticking through packaging materials.
- Wines and spirits – firstly pack bottles into an inner box, and then add rigid outer packaging for extra protection. Use corrugated cardboard or foam dividers, ideally use bespoke packaging when shipping bottles.
- Use strong packaging tape to secure parcels not domestic adhesive tape, making sure all flaps are securely fastened.
- Fragile items should be well cushioned from the sides and particularly at the bottom of the boxes. Label boxes as fragile and include ‘arrow up’ stickers.
- It is a good idea to include both address and sender details inside your parcel so that even if the outer label becomes detached, we can still safely deliver your parcel.
- Always use strong, good quality boxes or packaging materials.
- Be sensible about the weight of items that you put in a box – Don’t overload boxes.
- If you are reusing boxes or packaging always remove old labels including any hazardous materials information stickers.
- Pack items in the center of a box with plenty of cushioning surrounding, to stop any movement during transit – use bubble wrap, shreds, packaging chips, even old newspapers.
- Always use the correct sized box for our items – if the box is too large it could collapse and, likewise if the box is too small it could burst during transit.
- Protect data storage media with appropriate cushioning and ideally wrap each item separately.